2010 Publication Summary
In the year 2010 the research activities of INDECT resulted in over 75 publications. We have actively participated in workshops and conferences both on national and international level. Below you can find a list of 10 selected publications:
- A. Czyżewski, D. Ellwart, Camera angle invariant shape recognition in surveillance systems, KES 2010, The 3rd International Symposium on Intelligent and Interactive Multimedia: Systems and Services, pp. 33 - 41, Baltimore, USA, 28.7.2010 - 30.7.2010.
- E. Cerqueira, M. Curado, M. Leszczuk, A. Mauthe, and S. Zeadally. Recent Advances in Multimedia Networking. Multimedia Tools and Application Special Issue, Springer-Verlag, Berlin & Heidelberg, 2010
- P. Dalka, G. Szwoch, P. Szczuko, A. Czyżewski, Video Content Analysis in the Urban Area Telemonitoring System. Multimedia Services in Intelligent Environments, G.A. Tsihrintzis et al. (Eds.), Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 241 - 261, 2010.
A. Głowacz, M. Grega, P. Gwiazda, L. Janowski, M. Leszczuk, P. Romaniak, and S. P. Romano. Automated qualitative assessment of multi-modal distortions in digital images based on GLZ., Annals of Telecommunications, Paris, France, Institut Telecom & Springer, 65(1-2): 3-17, 2010
- A. Ismail, S. Manandhar, Bilingual lexicon extraction from comparable corpora using in-domain terms, The 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), 2010,
- I. Klapaftis, S. Manandhar, Taxonomy Learning Using Word Sense Induction, HLT-NAACL : Human Language Technologies: The 11th Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2010
- R. Baran, A. Dziech, Contour compression scheme combining spectral and spatial domain methods. Measurement Automation and Monitoring, pp. 1409 – 1413, vol. 56, 2010.
- I. Korkontzelos, S. Manandhar, Can Recognising Multiword Expressions Improve Shallow Parsing?, HLT-NAACL : Human Language Technologies: The 11th Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2010
- P. Korus, W. Szmuc, A. Dziech, A Scheme for Censorship of Sensitive Image Content with High-Quality Reconstruction Ability, 11-th IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME), Singapore, 2010
- P. Żwan, A. Czyżewski, Verification of the Parameterization Methods in the Context of Automatic Recognition of Sounds Related to Danger, Journal of Digital Forensic Practice, issue 1 no. 3, 2010
In addition to research results dissemination, we have also taken active part in project promotion activities by giving talks on selected topics related to the project. We have broadly presented the goals of the project and it's approach to solving technical problems and ethical challenges. Below you can find a short list of selected non scientific presentations of the project:
- 2010-05-07, Selected INDECT Technologies, Meeting with Austrian Radio in Kraków organized by AGH University of Science and Technology, the INDECT team from the Department of Telecommunications, AGH UST
- 2010-05-12, INDECT Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment, Symposium Co-ordinators of the National Council of EU research projects run in Jastrzębiec near Warsaw organized by Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Dziech Andrzej
- 2010-09-22, INDECT PROJECT, 5th European Security Research Conference (SRC 2010) in Ostend, Belgium organized by European Commission, Dziech Andrzej
- 2010-09-30, Young Engineers' Seminar in Brussels organized by EUREL, INDECT - Technical and Ethical Challenges, Grega Michał and Korus Paweł