Call for Papers: 5th MCSS 2012
Topics of the 5th International Conference On Multimedia Communications, Services & Security (MCSS 2012) include:
- Audio-visual systems including novel multimedia architectures and SOMA
- Multimedia and data fusion in personal, sensor, p2p and ad-hoc networks
- Acquisition of multimedia content and QoE management in content distribution networks
- Seamless mobility of multimedia services including mobile and wireless access networks
- Watermarking technology and applications
- Network measurement, monitoring and performance evaluation of multimedia services
- Reliability, availability, serviceability of multimedia services
- Searching methods, search engines and applications
- Multimedia surveillance and compound security, object tracking and threat detection
- Semantic description of multimedia data and metadata information systems
- Intelligent monitoring of objects and areas, recognition with automatic categorization
- Modern computing methods for multimedia systems and authentication of multimedia content
- Interactive multimedia applications
- Ethical issues and law aspects in video surveillance, Internet monitoring, security research
- Intelligent urban environment observation systems including safety monitoring and evacuation
- Cybercrime – threats and counteracting
- Cryptography and data protection, including quantum cryptography
- Evaluation of security features in end-user applications
- Parallel processing of audio & video, video processing through cloud computing, video transcoding
- Intelligent searching of multimedia content
- Biometric applications
- Privacy protection
The conference objectives are in conformance with the objectives of the FP7 Security Research call.
The maximum length of papers should be 4000 words including tables and figures. Please adhere to the formatting standard for a 9-page manuscript of Springer-Verlag LNCS. The cover page must contain an abstract of about 150 words, 3-5 keywords, name and affiliation of author(s) as well as the corresponding author's e-mail and postal address.
To register or submit a paper, please visit http://mcss2012.indect-project.eu/. Consistent with standard practice, each submitted paper will receive rigorous peer reviewing. Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance and clarity of presentation. The selection will be based on full papers. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. All papers accepted to the conference are expected to be presented.
A special session on intelligent monitoring, object tracking and threat detection will be organized along with the main conference. The MCSS conference will host not only technical program sessions, but there will also be an exhibition, where research groups can present their innovative achievements and prototypes in small booths or stands. We kindly ask for proposals of exhibition stands to present research outcomes.
A parallel poster and demonstration session entitled “Demonstrations on MCSS” will be organized along with the main conference. This event encourages researchers to present and discuss the “work-in-progress” or “experience-in-practice” of their current studies/implementations and research prototypes which conform to the topics of MCSS’12.
Submission deadline: February 5, 2012
Acceptance notification: March 1, 2012
Camera ready: March 22, 2012
The conference fee is €300. This includes proceedings, coffee breaks, lunches, sightseeing and a conference dinner. Student registration (undergraduate): 50% reduction of the regular fee (€150). IEEE member registration: 10% reduction of the regular fee (€270).
PLACE OF CONFERENCE
The conference will take place in Krakow, one of the largest and oldest cities in Poland, the former capital of Poland and a popular tourist destination. Krakow's historic center was included on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1978. Points of interest outside the city include the Wieliczka salt mine, the Tatra Mountains, the historic city of Czestochowa and Ojcowski National Park.
The conference venue will be the Department of Telecommunications, AGH University of Science and Technology. Address: Czarnowiejska 78, Krakow, Poland.