European Parliament - answers regarding INDECT transparency
The questions were:
- Are the documents that Piratenpartei Deutschland made public Indect working documents?
- If there are so many concerns over implementing the methodology of the Indect system once it is completed, is it economically efficient for the Commission to spend EUR 10.9 million on financing a project that will probably be impossible to implement because it does not comply with the Data Protection Directive?
- How can this project contribute to the seventh framework programme objective to fund research and the Lisbon Strategy objective to become ‘the most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world’?
- Why is Indect being funded as a research and development project rather than as a security and defence project?
- What specific activities are being carried out by the two Spanish participants in the project, Apif Moviquity S.A. and Carlos III University of Madrid?
Please click here in order to view the answers.