VQiPS Researchers Meeting in Boston, USA
Oct 06, 2010 09:00 AM
Oct 07, 2010 02:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
On October 6-7, 2010 there was The VQiPS Researchers Meeting held in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. A INDECT representative, Mikołaj Leszczuk, took part in the meeting giving an address on current INDECT activities.
The main motivation for the creation of the Workshop was Dissemination of Research and Development results as well as further plans including future certification.
The presentations given within the meeting concerned aspects such as analysis of the market and legal environments (directives and relevant national legislation), existing standards as well as standard-related activities and documents.
The main points on the agenda discussed during the conference were:
- Updates and Current State of Things
- Targets and use classes under study
- Model development (input parameters, output format, comparison between models)
- Video system components under study
- Processing and Transport – efforts within VQEG
- Quantification of parameters
- Data analysis: boundary detection, bar code recognition, car plate recognition, vehicle location, auto-correction algorithms, colours/lighting impact
- Source sequences
- Review of resources available for cooperative research
- Standardization plan
- Schedule development
- Prioritization of future research
The Video Quality in Public Safety is a research group empowering people with the tools and information needed to purchase and employ the right video technology to support public safety operations.
The intention of the proposers is to feed in the work after CWA-delivery into international standardisation organisation (e.g. ITU-T) and the statement that CEN will withdraw the CWA when the international standard is published (CWAs are withdrawn anyway after 3 years unless differently decided).
- Mikołaj Leszczuk, "Standardization - Quality Assessment for Recognition Tasks - Current AGH Activities";
- Mikołaj Leszczuk, Piotr Romaniak, Lucjan Janowski, Ryszard Mirek, Marcin Witkowski, "Boston Report of Results from Recent AGH University Tests";
- Mikołaj Leszczuk , Marcin Witkowski, "Automatic Classification Into Generalized Use Classes".